Monday, June 23, 2008

At the break

Yesterday seemed to be a pretty calm day considering the $1.7 million prizepool that was on the line.

The room was very well behaved with only a few exceptions and the staff is running a fine game. Only one serious incident involving an older gentleman losing his mind and calling a female player at his table a few choice words that deserved a thrashing. Between the floor staff and the other players at the table, it took about 2 seconds for grandpa to be humbled into silence. 1am this morning he was still steaming and doesn't seem to have untilted starting Day 2.

Today tensions are running much higher. The floor is being called often to make decisions as the remaining 90 players try for the $500k first place money. Plenty of gross suck outs and a lot of cursing. A bottle thrown or two but the staff is keeping everyone in line. More importantly I'm pretty sure every cocktail waitress is flirting with me since Riggs professed his undying love for Diggstown. He still hasn't stopped smiling.

"Little Nicky" is still cruising along, running his table from the 5 seat, while Matt Stout has been doing battle with the 10 seat who sounds like Ned from South Park. From what I can tell, Ned hasn't stopped talking once since the first hand and it's like sandpaper to my ears.

I've been in the house for nearly 24 hours and only have one double shot to show for it. I can't use booze as my excuse for waking up on the floor of my hotel room. That blame falls squarely on Sasquatch falling asleep in the room at 5 this morning and making sounds like world class chain saw. I run goot.

Standby for Riggs interview. They spent 40 minutes talking about all things poker, unfortunately he did not ask which was his favorite cartoon cameo.

No comments: