Sunday, June 22, 2008

Finally in the house

Better late than never, I fought my way through ridiculous Sunday afternoon Philly traffic, lousy roast beef sandwich and a massive hangover to make it to the Borgata to witness some outstanding donkery. The lemurs are out in force, we're watching players in a huge deep stack event play the game like it's a super turbo. T50,000 to start, 25/50 blinds. People still busted out on the first hand.

I'm starting to remember how much fun you can have just spending a little time outside smoking when the players are on break. They all have a bad beat story and giving it up to anyone who will listen. I won't. My own bad beat story for the day was nearly dumping a 2 gallon tub of Coke just outside the rail. My cat-like reflexes were the only thing that saved me from complete embarrassment.

The upside is having the media table sitting directly outside of the cocktail pickup area. Riggstad has spent most of the day saying "omigod omigod omigod". I don't even look up anymore when he does it. I can never tell whether he's saying it about a cocktail waitress or if he's swooning over Jimmy Woods 20 feet away. He has a horrid man crush. (We're still arguing over which was his best cartoon cameo. I say Family Guy, he says the Simpsons)

I'll spend the next few hours walking around to get a feel for the tournament as it goes along. I've already seen enough to fill up 3 days worth of posts and I'll try to slim it down. Once that is done I can hit the conveniently located craps table just outside the poker room.

1 comment:

Evy said...

What is this "I" fought Philly traffic????

How about your chauffeur (and a hot one at that!) fought Philly traffic on behalf of Operation AlCantHang???

I do agree, the cocktail waitress were smokin' hot. Nice set up LPR has right outside the place where the girls have to go in and out (to get drinks, you degenerate fucks!).

Wish I could have played the $300 tourney....hate that they cancelled it.

Went to Ceasars...MISTAKE. Some bitch ignored the three bullets I fired into the pot and chased her fucking GUT SHOT all the way to the river and hit. Whore. Not that I'm upset or anything.

Anyway, you boys have a great time!

Love the new background for the page!